Friday 21 July 2017

Natural pregnancy testing: dandelion root

I love the small golden nuggets of ancient health lore that yogic science brings us back in touch with... My go-to resource for this often forgotten knowledge is The Ancient Art of Self-Healing, taken from lectures, notes and classes by Yogi Bhajan, compiled and edited by Amir Arberman, D.C. (aka Siri Amir Singh Khalsa). You can buy it here. It contains such a vast treasure of information on countless different topics -- a must have in every household in my opinion.

Today I want to share one of these nuggets with you. It is one for women wanting to verify whether they are pregnant. Nowadays we have (more and less expensive) pregnancy tests, but what did women do in days when there weren't any pregnancy tests in drug stores, pharmacies and supermarkets available, or before they had access to testing done by their GPs? If you have been trying quite unsuccessfully to get pregnant, you might by now have spend a lot of money on these tests that you could have saved yourself spending... Plus you're creating ever more waste for mother earth to deal with, and all that plastic will be here for hundreds of years to come...


Well, enter the wonderfully versatile dandelion. I cook with its leaves, I blend its flower petals into my honey, I freeze its buds to be used stir-fries, and I use its roots for tinctures. But Yogi Bhajan pointed out how you can also use its roots as a pregnancy test: simply a dandelion root in a urine sample. If it turns purple, you are pregnant.


Should you need help with conception or information on pregnancy, I offer nutrition information & yoga sessions for fertility, pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period too: http://www.shuniya-yoga.org/fertility-pregnancy-childbirth/

More health information from The Ancient Art of Self-Healing will be shared here in future.

No comments:

Post a Comment