The stomach works closely together with both the spleen and the large intestines to protect against illnesses.
As the stomach is the strongest organ it can take a long time for disease to show up.
The stomach is also the base for our emotional stability and the place where we sense emotion.
This last full moon of 2017 provides a great opportunity to strengthen this meridian to avoid future problems.
Symptoms of an interrupted flow of the stomach meridian:
- digestive problems
- stuffy nose / sinusitis
- neck / arm / shoulder pain
- dry mouth
- addictive behaviour
- Eat yellow/orange foods like corn, squash, mango, banana, sweet potato, papaya, cantaloupe.
- Wear yellow clothes and carry or wear yellow stones like amber, citrine, and yellow tourmaline.
- Avoid stress, irregular meals, quick eating, food that is either too hot or too cold, coffee, red wine and eating before going to sleep.
Chinese remedy Po Chai works on relieving both stomach and virus symptoms.
- Yoga mudra is an excellent posture for balancing this meridian. 3-11 minutes
- Mulbandh (root lock)
- Any chanting with HAR at the navel
- Fish Pose with long deep breathing
- Bow pose and rocking in bow while chanting SA TA NA MA.
- Kundalini Yoga for the Healing of the Stomach: http://www.yogadine.com/yoga-kriya/healing-the-stomach-yoga-kriya/
- Kundalini Yoga for Strengthening the Stomach: http://kundaliniyogawageningen.nl/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Strenghtening-the-Stomach.pdf
- The Art of Equilibrium of the Stomach: https://clabue.wordpress.com/2013/11/16/day-49-the-art-of-equilibrium-of-the-stomach/