Feelings of sorrow, grief and sadness are quite common to accompany this full moon in Aries (ram). You may also experience an urge to make up for 'lost time'. It's a perfect time to let go of old limiting beliefs, patterns and pain that is stopping you from growing.
All pranayamas are wonderful to work on the lung meridian and release grief and sadness. Our breath connects our inner and outer worlds, and is hence the first step in becoming conscious and aware of ourselves and the world around us.
• Low energy
• Tightness in diaphragm or middle back
• Mental confusion
• Dry skin
• Weak immune system
• Nose congestion or sinusitis
Things to eat:
• All white food, especially cauliflower.
• Garlic, ginger and raw onions clean the blood and strengthen your nerves and immune system.
• Chlorophyll and freshly ground psyllium husk (seeds), (1 tablespoon each with juice) before breakfast and dinner.
• Dark green vegetables (contain lots of chlorophyll).
• Hold and massage the ring finger of each hand for 2 minutes. Repeat during the day. This energizes and balances the lung meridian and neutralizes sorrow.
• Place rose quartz over your heart center to protect against sadness.
• Keep skin and lungs moist.
• Walking, biking, dancing or any aerobic exercise that gets you sweating.
• Play or listen to the gong or singing bowls to stimulate the lung meridian.
• Repeat this affirmation often. “I am __________” (fill in the blank). It can be ‘I am beautiful.’ ‘I am loved.’ ‘I am grateful.’ You decide and vary the ending as much as you like as long as it is a positive statement. A wonderful practice is the Celestial Communication 'I am the light of the soul. I am bountiful, I am beautiful, I am bliss, I am, I am'. See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQ8TelEjYcM for a live version at the Yoga Festival in France in 2007.
• All breathing practices (pranayama) to control the prana in the organs. The Basic Breath Series would be wonderful to practice: https://www.3ho.org/kundalini-yoga/pranayam/basic-breath-series .
• Breath of fire is the most effective pranayam to do now.
• Yoga Mudra in rock pose or easy pose.
Some wonderful Kundalini Yoga kriyas for this full moon:
• Kriya for the Lungs & Bloodstream: http://www.pinklotus.org/-%20KY%20Kriya%20for%20the%20lungs%20and%20bloodstream.htm .
• Purifying the Lungs: https://www.3ho.org/kundalini-yoga/meditation/featured-meditations/purifying-lungs .
• New Lungs & Circulation: http://files.meetup.com/289210/New%20Lungs%20%26%20Circulation.pdf .