Monday, 9 October 2017
Tuesday, 3 October 2017
Here it is:
Saturday, 5 August 2017
Friday, 21 July 2017
Saturday, 1 July 2017
- PCOS blend
- hot flashes blend
- beat the winter blues
- anti-inflammatory blend
- no ticks
- no bugs
- anti-histamine blend (bug bite soother)
- varicose-vein & spider vein blend
- heavy legs
- scar & stretch mark healer
- tired-muscle relief
- cough blend
- cold, congestion & flu blend
- stop smoking
- vertigo blend
- pick-me-up (uplifting)
- nausea blend
- motion sickness blend
- grief & sadness blend
- focus & attention blend
Wednesday, 14 June 2017
As a lot of you guys know, I am very passionate not only about physical, mental and emotional health but also about our environment. As I strive to live in harmony and balance with my surroundings, I make a lot of my body-care and cleaning products myself. This helps me to eliminate toxins from my house and my family's life as well as reduce my impact on the environment. My motto is: 'if you wouldn't eat it, don't put it on your skin'.
For the products I cannot make myself, I have found that Neal's Yard Remedies products are the next best thing as they are 100% certified organic, chemical-free and made from very high-quality ingredients. Moreover, they are not owned by a larger business but are an independent, ethically operating company.
I have some products at my house for you to look at too. Feel free to ask me any questions.
Wednesday, 17 May 2017
As I am currently trying my utmost best to recover from the whiplash injuries of a car accident that my husband and I had on 15 February 2017 and that has left me struggling with severe inflammation of the joints and muscles all along my back (from hips and pelvis to neck), and as I don't take any pharmaceutical drugs, I've had to resort to introducing as many anti-inflammatory foods as possible in my diet.
And in that search, I started experimenting with a warm smoothie recipe that a yogi friend of mine posted over a year ago and recently reposted. She recommended it mainly to help people replace their morning (or any other time of the day) coffee or black tea with a warm drink packed with nutrients.
I've adapted it for even more anti-inflammatory and hormone balancing effects -- and it tastes delicious! I have ended up having it as breakfast, afternoon drink and today it was even my dinner!
Of course it can be tweeked further to your own preferences!
In blender or nutribullet, put:
- 2 handfuls of raw spinach
- some rocket salad (as rocket salad has quite a strong peppery taste, do this to your own taste)
- a good handful of blueberries
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 whole or half an avocado (optional)
- one tablespoon of organic carob powder (stronger taste) or raw cacao powder
- one teaspoon of organic turmeric paste with black pepper (letting the turmeric paste simmer in a pan together with some freshly ground black pepper and some boiling water for at least 7mins activates the curcumin, the active ingredient in turmeric. Just adding the powder to your smoothie won't do very much for you. Just simmer it until you get a nice paste, which will keep in the fridge for up to 40 days!)
- one teaspoon of local bee pollen
- one teaspoon to a tablespoon of organic Ashwaghanda powder (depending on how much of this wonderful Ayurvedic medicine you're taking daily)
- one teaspoon (or more) of organic maca root powder
- one tablespoon of raw virgin coconut oil, mixed in a cup of boiling (filtered) water.
Blend everything together (add more hot water if necessary).
Saturday, 6 May 2017
Two years ago Darshan Singh came to my home in Leicester to interview me on exactly this question and this is the video he put together on the basis of that interview.
Lots of things have happened since in the ongoing journey - Maharaj blessed me with a wonderful husband and with a new name, Rajbir Kaur, in Sri Hazoor Sahib.
Check out Darshan Singh's other work too, especially his Hola Mahalla documentary!
Monday, 17 April 2017
So, a short one to start out: how to make your own liquid hand soap.
There is really nothing easier than this! All you need is castile soap (read more here about what castile soap exactly is; I buy mine in bulk -- 5 liters at a time -- as I use it so much), filtered water, and any essential oils you like. Vitamin E can be added but isn't essential.
Just recycle any old liquid hand soap container or buy a fancy new one, and fill it with:
- filtered water and castile soap in a 1:1 ratio
- 15-20 drops of tea tree oil
- 10-15 drops of your favourite essential oil (I am currently using English rose; I also love lavender, rosemary, peppermint or spearmint, lemongrass and sweet orange varieties. You can just go for whatever takes your fancy!)
- optional: 5 drops of Vitamin E oil
- optional: a tablespoon of almond oil